- Major national collection of 17 million items
- Full Time & Ongoing Opportunity
- $79,894 + 9% Superannuation
Museum Victoria is seeking a strategically focused and passionate leader to manage Museum Victoria’s collection conservation and preservation services, including the development and implementation of Museum-wide collection conservation and preservation strategies in order to preserve the state collections of Natural Sciences and Humanities.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State’s scientific and cultural collections of 17 million items, providing research and visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for ensuring the well-being and longevity of the Museum’s collections, by ensuring the strategic development and application of preventive and remedial collection preservation and conservation frameworks.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Expert knowledge of and extensive experience in directing and managing conservation and preservation programs for large, complex multidisciplinary collections.
- Extensive experience in applying remedial, preventive and risk-based preservation frameworks for multi-disciplinary collections.
- Experience in directing the development and implementation of conservation and preservation frameworks for multi-disciplinary collections
- Experience in strategically managing and advising on major collection initiatives and issues within a major collecting institution
- Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Maryanne McCubbin on +61 3 8341 7379.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and statement that addresses each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Friday, 19 April 2013.