- Deliver Health & Safety Programs at Three Prestigious Museums
- Full Time & Ongoing Opportunity
- $79,894 + 9% Superannuation
Museum Victoria is seeking a strategically-focused Health & Safety Manager to manage the delivery of health and safety programs and training across Museum Victoria, to ensure our managers and executives fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and World Heritage–listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for ensuring that health and safety issues for staff, visitors and contractors are identified and effectively managed across the organisation.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of organisation-wide health and safety plans and programs at a strategic level.
- Experience in workplace incident management and return-to-work planning.
- Specialist current knowledge of legislation, regulations, standards, theory and best-practice in health and safety.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and achieve identified outcomes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to respond appropriately to sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a small team of staff.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Melinda Viksne on (03) 8341 7503.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Friday, 19 April 2013