- Maximize your research skills in an innovative and challenging environment
- Engage with online and onsite audiences at Australia’s largest public museums organisation
- Based at the award winning Melbourne Museum
Museum Victoria is seeking an enthusiastic and versatile person to accurately represent the voice of Museum Victoria in the delivery of public enquiry services and engagement with online and onsite audiences.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for providing accurate research and information, and performing identifications of specimens and objects in a Science or Humanities field that meet organisational policies, standards and procedures.
The position is also accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive, professional and customer focused services to the public and internally with museum staff.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Demonstrated experience in operating, engaging and publishing in online environments and ability to work competently with database programs. Some knowledge of the possible applications of technology is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of Information systems and experience in working with online information resources in public facilities such as libraries, research and information centres, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the public and understanding their differing information and research needs.
- Possess a sound knowledge and research skill in any relevant museum discipline such as Sciences or Humanities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team in a multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated high-level verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess sound organisational skills and project coordination experience.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION:
This position will be primarily based at the Melbourne Museum and is a Part-time (38 Hours per Fortnight) and fixed term from 1 July 2013 until 31 December 2014. The salary on offer is $49,542 paid pro-rata + 9% Superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Bronwyn Thompson on 8341 7132.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 22 May 2013.