- Play a leading role in presenting high quality exhibitions at Australia’s largest public museums organisation
- Work across all three Museum Victoria venues
- Excellent benefits and development opportunities
Museum Victoria is seeking an Operations Manager to provide leadership for the successful operation of Museum Victoria exhibitions and public spaces at Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks and Immigration Museum.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for leading the exhibition operations team in the delivery of high quality presentation and maintenance of permanent exhibitions and public spaces across Museum Victoria’s venues within budget and resource capacity.
Whilst primarily based at Melbourne Museum, the incumbent is expected to work at each of Scienceworks and the Immigration Museum one day per week.
Notable skill sets for this position include:
- Extensive staff management experience alongside evidence of a leadership style that fosters a cooperative and collegiate approach.
- Experience and record of achievement in managing a program of exhibitions and exhibition maintenance in a public facility such as a museum or gallery.
- Extensive experience in managing large and complex projects, including forward planning, budgets and resources, and a record of achieving the planned projects’ intended output.
- Proven capacity to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders and experience advocating at a high level.
- A demonstrated understanding of museum audiences and sound experience in managing different types of exhibitions which are relevant to various audiences.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This is a full time and fixed term position, ending 30 June 2014. The Salary on offer is $79,894 + 9% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Luke Simpkin on 03 8341 712; Mobile: 0417 011 295; Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 19 May 2013.