- Rare opportunity to manage and store rare and priceless Victorian state collections.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Help preserve Australia’s largest and most valuable collections for future generations.
Museum Victoria is seeking a Collection Storage and Logistics Officer to assist in applying macro and intermediate strategies and plans for the storage of state collections and to assist in the delivery of major, complex collection management services for the state collections.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections of some 17 million items, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for assisting in the implementation of macro and intermediate levels of storage of the state collections, and for assisting in the delivery of major, complex collection management services for the state collections.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Knowledge of and experience in assisting with implementation and coordination of the macro and intermediate levels of storing and delivering the logistical management of major, complex cultural and scientific collections.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying compliance, health and safety, risk management, collection preservation, collection emergency, asset management, security and client access requirements for internal collection stores, storage systems and equipment, and collections with customised requirements.
- Experience in implementing collection storage projects, including working in project teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with, report to and advise colleagues on matters of mutual interest.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This position will be primarily based at the Iconic Melbourne Museum and is a full time and ongoing. The salary on offer is $49,542 paid pro-rata + 9% Superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Neville Quick on 9385 4222.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Thursday, 23 May 2013.