- Rare opportunity to manage loans from a multi-disciplinary collection
- Based at the award winning Melbourne Museum
- Help Museum Victoria manage a collection comprising of 17 million items
Museum Victoria is seeking an experienced loans manager with a thorough knowledge of and experience in managing multi disciplinary collection items on loan for use in exhibitions and public programs. This position also requires a thorough knowledge of collection management practices and procedures and excellent communication skills.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State’s scientific and cultural collections of 17 million items, providing research and visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to manage incoming loans of multi-disciplinary collection material, including renewals and returns, for the Museum's exhibitions and associated public programs, and to centrally administer outward loans for exhibitions.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in managing collection items on loan
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in developing and implementing collection management standards and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This is a full time and fixed term position will commence on 17 June 2013 and conclude on 3 February 2014. The salary on offer is $69,242 paid pro-rata + 9% Superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Maryanne McCubbin on +61 3 8341 7379
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 22 May 2013.