- Help manage Museum Victoria's collection management database
- Rewarding learning and development opportunities
- Your chance to help establish a mobile electronic system
Museum Victoria is seeking a Project Officer to assist in the establishment and maintenance of MVWISE; a mobile electronic system used to view and update information in Museum Victoria's collection management database EMu.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for enhancing collection management standards, particularly relating to inventory control, by accurately capturing data relating to Museum Victoria’s collections utilising MVWISE.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Understanding of, and proven experience in, the principles and practices used to manage heritage collections.
- Demonstrated experience in the physical management of heritage collections and the information relating to them, particularly inventory control, utilising computer based information systems.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, searching and reporting from museum databases, particularly EMu.
- Experience in developing and implementing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This position is primarily based at the Melbourne Museum and is a Full time and Fixed term position that will conclude on 17 January 2014. The salary on offer is $42,622 paid pro-rata + 9% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Jessica Day on 0481 401 119.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Sunday, 26 May 2013.