- Utilize your knowledge of information management principles and structures at Australia’s largest public museums organisation
- Excellent development and learning opportunities
- Work with rare and unique images and documents
Museum Victoria is seeking an organised and motivated person to provide image and audiovisual management and copyright services that will enable access to and use of digital material, adding value to the collections and enhancing their management.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary accountability of this position is the management of digital assets, their intellectual property and data within MV IMAGES so that the use of image and audiovisual resources by the museum in projects such as exhibitions, publications, public programs, websites and public access occurs within the correct legislative framework.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Knowledge of and experience using current information and metadata management and retrieval systems.
- Strong knowledge of information management principles and structures to enable consistent and efficient image access.
- Significant image and audio-visual research skills required.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Sound knowledge of relevant policies and legislation, particularly Intellectual Property.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and deliver multiple projects to schedule and within budget.
- Experience in handling rare objects for photographic purposes, and knowledge of the conservation and curatorial requirements of museum artefacts desirable.
- Sound communication skills with the ability to negotiate contracts and fees.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This position is primarily based at the Melbourne Museum and is a Full time and Fixed term position that will conclude on 30 May 2014. The salary on offer is $55,931 paid pro-rata + 9% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Nancy Ladas on 8341 7130.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Sunday, 26 May 2013.