Information Management Coordinator
- Coordinate records, information and knowledge management initiatives
- Help build greater staff participation in record keeping and increased accessibility of Museum Victoria's information
- Based at the award winning Melbourne Museum
Museum Victoria is seeking a records, information and knowledge management enthusiast to work on a range of projects to manage and provide access to information resources at Museum Victoria.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for effective project coordination of records, information and knowledge management projects including the intranet and other online initiatives.
The position also assists with delivering greater staff participation in record keeping and increased accessibility of Museum Victoria's information whilst ensuring that organisational risk is minimised and legislative and government requirements are met.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in best practice contemporary information management, records management and archival principles and practice.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects in a cultural environment with an understanding of project management principles.
- Demonstrated experience and sound understanding of information systems within a museum or similar cultural organisation.
- Well-developed investigative, analytical, planning and coordination skills.
- Experience in developing complex specifications in consultation with a variety of stakeholders.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This is a full time and ongoing position and the salary on offer is $56,770 + 9% Superannuation. The anticipated start date is ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicant.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Rose Bollen on 8341 7109.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
Applications Close: cob Wednesday 10 July 2013