- Rare opportunity to manage public relations for Australia’s largest museums organisation.
- Based at the award-winning Melbourne Museum and close to public transport.
- Use your experience to enhance the profile and reputation of Museum Victoria both nationally and internationally.
Museum Victoria is seeking an experienced Public Relations professional to manage a team delivering high level media and stakeholder relations for Museum Victoria.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Public Relations Manager is accountable for enhancing the profile and reputation of Museum Victoria through active promotion and effective relations with government, media and other stakeholders.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- A record of achievement and innovation in the development and implementation of major media and public relations programs and corporate communication strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, the ability to manage staff and administer budgets
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and resolve conflict in a positive manner
- A record of success in effective stakeholder relationships and management
- Substantial experience in issues management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is a full time position and is fixed term for 12 months (maternity leave backfill). The salary on offer is $81,093 paid pro-rata + 9% Superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Rod MacNeil on (03) 8341 7753.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below