- Rare opportunity to manage multi-disciplinary collection items in exhibitions
- Based at the award winning Melbourne Museum
- Help Museum Victoria manage a collection comprising of 17 million items
Museum Victoria is seeking an experienced Collection Manager who has a comprehensive knowledge of and experience in managing multi disciplinary collection items for use in exhibitions and public programs.
This position requires a thorough knowledge of collection management practices and procedures and excellent object handling skills.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State’s scientific and cultural collections of 17 million items, providing research and visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide authoritative advice and service regarding the management of collection material in exhibitions. The position is accountable for ensuring collection material in exhibitions is managed professionally and with minimum risk.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in managing collection items for exhibition, including the physical handling and installation of collection material.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in collection management standards and processes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
OTHER NOTABLE INFORMATION
This is a full time and fixed term position, commencing on 26 August 2013 and concludes on 13 October 2014. The salary on offer is $56,770 + 9% Superannuation per annum.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Caroline Carter +61 3 8341 7711
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and statement that addresses each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
Applications Close: Monday, 15 July 2013.