Museum Victoria is seeking Digital Media Systems Technicians to assist the Digital Media Systems team with projects and basic maintenance of exhibition spaces.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for safely and efficiently assisting with multimedia installations, demounts and basic maintenance of multimedia exhibits within MV exhibition and public spaces..
Notable skills include:
- Experience installing / demounting multimedia exhibition display systems in a museum or similar public environment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in one or more of these fields: projection, interactive touchscreens, computer networking to control multimedia.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including Technicians, Exhibition Managers etc.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of hand and power tools and experience in the use of Elevated Works Platforms (EWP).
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of OH&S and site safety practices
This is a casual position and the salary on offer is $27.27 per hour (Includes Casual loading). The start date is ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicants.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Shannon Henriksson on (03) 8341 7554.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Thursday, 12 September 2013.