- Highly successful cultural organisation that places huge emphasis on our collections, people and the community.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning museum - Melbourne Museum - close to public transport.
- Help provide effective procurement and fixed assets advice and services, which will enable Museum Victoria to achieve its strategic objectives.
Museum Victoria is seeking a Procurement & Assets Officer to provide effective procurement and fixed assets advice.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for developing, maintaining and reporting on procurement and fixed asset processes and systems that enable Museum Victoria staff and managers to access timely, accurate and efficient information and services in these areas.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Extensive knowledge of procurement and tendering functions including relevant legislation and common practices in the provision of these services.
- Sound experience with general purchasing processes and recognised Fixed Asset data-base.
- Ability to analyse business processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- High level communication skills including the ability provide information to all levels of staff and to prepare accurate and clear documentation and deliver presentations
- Experience providing supervision to others and the capacity to identify suitable professional development.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a team environment.
This is a full time and ongoing position, commencing ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicant. The salary on offer is $65,187 + 9.25% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Jackie Leong on (03) 8341 7355.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 12 February 2014