- Highly successful cultural organisation that places huge emphasis on our collections, people and the community.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning museum - Melbourne Museum - close to public transport.
- Help provide high quality and timely administrative support, which will support the Melbourne Museum through the implementation of best practice administrative services.
Museum Victoria is seeking an Administrative and Business Support Officer to provide administrative and business support for the Melbourne Museum through the implementation of best practice administrative services, operational procedures and effective business systems.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for contributing to the effective operation of the Melbourne Museum through the provision of efficient and timely business and administrative support.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- A good understanding of financial systems, including the MS Office suite, and procedures, including demonstrated experience in providing business support.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support, including the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High level communication, organisational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with senior management.
- Proven ability to undertake research/investigations and to produce high quality written documentation including business cases.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and to contribute effectively as part of a team.
This is a part time and fixed term position (4 days per week), until 30/01/2015, commencing ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicant. The salary on offer is $44,019 + 9.25% superannuation paid pro-rata.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Gordon White on (03) 8341 7724. To apply, please send your Covering Letter and Resume by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 11 February 2014.