- Rare opportunity to deliver health & safety initiatives across Museum Victoria’s award winning venues
- Take a leading role of the delivery of Museum Victoria’s strategic framework for the implementation of our health and safety management plan
- Based at the Melbourne Museum and close to public transport
Museum Victoria is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to manage the delivery of health and safety systems and training to ensure that all managers and staff have the tools and skills to enable them to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Theatre and the World Heritage–listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for ensuring that health and safety issues for staff, visitors and contractors are identified and that systems are in place for these to be effectively managed across the organisation.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of organisation-wide health and safety plans and systems at a strategic level.
- Experience in workplace incident management and return-to-work planning.
- Specialist current knowledge of legislation, regulations, standards, theory and best-practice in health and safety, including hazardous substances and dangerous goods.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels and a proven capacity to develop effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and achieve identified outcomes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to respond appropriately to sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a small team of staff.
This is a full-time and ongoing position, commencing ASAP or as negotiated with the successful applicant. The salary on offer is $83,749 + 9.50% superannuation. This position is based at the Melbourne Museum (Carlton Gardens); however, the successful applicant must be prepared to work from each of Museum Victoria’s venues, when required.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Zoe McCormack on (03) 8341 7693.
To apply, please send your covering letter, resume and a statement addressing each of the key selection criteria by selecting APPLY NOW below.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 6 August 2014.