Museums Victoria, Australia's largest public museums organisation, is seeking a Back to Country Curator to join the First Peoples team. We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual who will manage the return of cultural material, held in Museums Victoria's collection, to people and Country.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Back to Country Curator to manage the return of cultural material, in Museums Victoria's collections. This position will work with First Peoples communities and individuals to ensure their cultural material goes back to Country.
Working in the First Peoples team, core functions of this position include:
- Curatorial research and development to facilitate the return of collections to people and Country.
- Giving self-determination for cultural material in Museums Victoria's care to First Peoples and building ethical and reciprocal partnerships between the Museum and communities.
- Undertaking extensive community collaboration and responding to State and Federal Acts relating to repatriation.
Please see our Role Statement for a copy of the full Key Selection Criteria and Duties.
In accordance with VCAT exemption number A9/2010, applications for this position are restricted to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander males only.
Relevant tertiary qualifications related to First Peoples cultural heritage material and/or comparable and demonstrable work experience is highly regarded.
This role is full-time, fixed-term for three years. The salary on offer is $85,279 per annum (Base of grade) plus 10% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the position description, visit https://museumsvictoria.com.au/careers/
For more information about this position, please contact Maddy Dorevitch (Project Officer, First Peoples): email@example.com.
To apply, you must submit the following:
- A brief Cover letter that outlines your interest in this role.
- A current CV detailing relevant experience.
- A brief document outlining your responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
Please note: Applications that do not include the above elements will not be considered.
Applications Close: Friday, 29 November 2021 (11.59pm)