- Full time ongoing position (part time applications will be accepted)
- Salary commensurate with experience, range: $68,339 - $88,435 (pro rata) plus superannuation
- Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging
About the role:
We are seeking a self-motivated lawyer to provide high quality legal services in Child Protection matters across the Mallee region.
You will join our team based in Mildura that forms part of Victoria Legal Aid's (VLA) Health Justice Partnership with Sunraysia Community Health Services. This is a unique opportunity with a strong focus on:
- Holistic lawyering
- Collaborating with local community service organisations
- Providing community legal education and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships to maximise reach
- Advocacy within a diverse community; the second largest Aboriginal population in Victoria and newly arrived communities
The position is based in Mildura, an agricultural region with a long history of citrus and grape production. The self-sustaining Mallee offers:
- Eateries including cafes and restaurants
- Farmers markets with local produce
- Community events
- Unique lifestyle
This opportunity will provide you with a role and lifestyle unlike any other, due to the service model and exposure to regional practice. Relocation support may be considered for the right candidate.
You are a dedicated lawyer with a strong interest and/or experience in child protection matters.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable clients and stakeholders. You will have a good understanding of the key challenges vulnerable individuals and groups experience accessing legal services, particularly in regional and rural areas.
We are keen to hear from local or interstate lawyers interested in joining our team within this unique and resilient community and region.
We offer attractive employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, family friendly policies and opportunities for professional development. Whilst the work is challenging, you will be rewarded with a culture that is focused on achieving quality outcomes for disadvantaged Victorians.
How to apply:
Submit a current resume and completed candidate application form (listed within the file attachments as a Word document). You must complete the candidate application form to be considered for this role, separate responses to the KSC outlined in the position description are not required. Please also include the contact details of two referees.
For further information review the attached position description or contact Heidi Deason, Manager, on (03) 5055 4010.
Applications close by 11.59pm on Sunday 15 December 2019