- Full time ongoing position
- Salary based on experience, range: $74,178 - $95,992 plus super
- Attractive employee benefits including salary packaging
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Executive Assistant / Project Officer to join the Chambers program at Victoria Legal Aid. You will provide comprehensive executive support to the Chief Counsel and provide high quality administrative support and assistance with projects and tasks across Chambers, including research and project work on law related issues.
In this role, you will be responsible for an extensive range of executive support duties including diary management, minute taking, preparation of written correspondence, maintaining accounts and budgets, coordinating travel arrangements and assisting with recruitment matters. The role will also provide project coordination across programs including assisting in research, management and reporting of projects, and being the primary point of contact to key stakeholders for research and litigation support.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess:
- Demonstrated high level administrative support including the ability to manage own work priorities, meet deadlines, manage budgets and coordinate projects.
- Experience in researching and managing criminal, family or civil related issues and projects.
- Proven ability to design and use reporting tools requiring advanced Excel and reporting skills.
- Relevant knowledge or practical experience in the law and relevant court procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and discretion, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to liaise effectively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Don't meet every requirement? At VLA, we understand that your work and life experiences can be just as valuable. If you're excited about this role but your CV doesn't align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our many other opportunities.
About Victoria Legal Aid:
We provide legal representation to those who need it most. With over 1000 staff employed in 15 offices across Victoria, we help people with their legal problems by providing information, advice and education with a focus on the prevention and early resolution of legal problems.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and foster a work culture that's inclusive as well as diverse. Your unique ideas and perspectives are valued so that we best represent the people we serve.
- Family friendly, flexible hybrid work from home & office model
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment in modern offices
- Salary packaging which allows up to $15,900 of your salary each year to be tax free
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please submit a current resume and completed candidate application form (listed within the file attachments).
If you require adjustment to the recruitment and selection process or need an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team.
For further information review the attached position description or contact Damien Farnfield, Briefing Manager on (03) 9269 0468.
No agency applications will be accepted.
Applications close by 11.59pm on Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Other relevant information:
VLA employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It is also a requirement that staff attend for office-based days at their primary work location. In line with this requirement, interstate applications will be considered only where the candidate is able and willing to relocate to Victoria, unless part of a border community.
VLA is committed to putting the safety and wellbeing of children first.