- Four full time ongoing and maximum term positions up to October 2024
- Salary based on experience, range: $84,626 - $97,921 plus super
- Up to $15,900 in salary packaging and hybrid WFH/office model
About the role:
Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) is seeking committed and eager Lawyers to provide legal services across the Loddon Campaspe and Goulburn regions. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will act as an advocate in various courts and tribunals, deliver quality legal services by conducting casework and provide legal advice to clients in custody or members in the general public.
You will participate in exciting VLA projects as required and keep up to date on legal developments and procedures that impacts our justice system. These roles are a great opportunity to expand and advance your advocacy skills and engage in interesting and at times complex work aimed at improving legal aid services across the Loddon Campaspe and Goulburn regions.
There are four roles available: -
1 x full time ongoing VLA 3 Lawyer, Crime/Family Violence
1 x full time fixed term up to October 2024 VLA 3 Lawyer, Crime/Family Violence
1 x full time ongoing VLA 3 Lawyer, Drug Court
1 x full time fixed term up to October 2024 VLA 3 Lawyer Generalist
As our ideal candidate, you will possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in providing quality legal services, predominately in criminal law but also family violence related matters.
- Effective casework and advocacy skills, including highly developed skills in dispute resolution.
- An understanding of the role of external organisations, private practitioners, community, and welfare groups play in the delivery of legal aid services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and your demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively with others and fostering a supportive team environment.
- A current Australian practicing certificate which entitles you to practise in Victoria as a government legal practitioner (mandatory).
Don't meet every requirement? At VLA, we understand that your work and life experiences can be just as valuable. If you're excited about this role but your CV doesn't align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our many other opportunities.
About Victoria Legal Aid:
We provide legal representation to those who need it most. With over 1000 staff employed in 15 offices across Victoria, we help people with their legal problems by providing information, advice and education with a focus on the prevention and early resolution of legal problems.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds and foster a work culture that's inclusive as well as diverse. Your unique ideas and perspectives are valued so that we best represent the people we serve.
- Family friendly, flexible hybrid work from home & office model
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Supportive team environment in modern offices
- Salary packaging which allows up to $15,900 of your salary each year to be tax free
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please submit a current resume and completed candidate application form (listed within the file attachments).
If you require adjustment to the recruitment and selection process or need an alternative format to any of the application material, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team.
For further information review the attached position descriptions or contact Anna Howard for Bendigo on (03) 5448 2300 or Erica Molyneaux for Shepparton on (03) 5823 6216.
No agency applications will be accepted.
Applications close by 11.59pm on Sunday 3 December 2023.
Other relevant information:
It is a requirement that staff attend for office-based days at their primary work location. In line with this requirement, interstate applications will be considered only where the candidate is able and willing to relocate to Victoria, unless part of a border community.
VLA is committed to putting the safety and wellbeing of children first.