The Participation Assistant will work closes with the Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) to maximise student retention, participation, wellbeing and success in completing their studies.
You will support the staff and community members undertaking accredited and other workforce development. This role provides support in-class, one to one and to small groups to build confidence for comprehension and core skills to undertake and balance work and study.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Recent related experience or qualifications relevant to adult literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Aboriginal People and Aboriginal Culture, and the issues relating to their needs within a VET environment for students
- Strong communication skills
- A current Driver's Licence (Car)
If you are successful in this role you will be required to provide:
- A current Police Check (date of issue is to be no more than 6 months prior to commencement date)
- A current Working with Children Check - Employee (or proof of application)
The salary range for this position is $56,108 – $60,585 under the GOTAFE Enterprise PACCT Agreement 2017.
GOTAFE is creating a next generation workforce, more open, inclusive and diverse than ever before. We embrace diversity in all its forms and are building a workforce that reflects the people within our communities including Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBQTI+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please go to our Careers Centre at www.gotafe.vic.edu.au for further information about the position.
For more information please contact Natasha McCormick, Director Further Learning, Koorie and Multicultural at email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday 2 August 2020