Aged Care Finance Officer
The Aged Care Finance Officer is responsible for managing the financial aspects of residents entire stay commencing from the giving of accurate information to prospective residents to ultimate discharge from the facility for all entities within the Central Gippsland Health Service Aged Care Network. The financial aspects include all aspects of resident fees, bonds, accommodation charge, trust accounts and petty cash.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Coordinate the updating of information packs and distribution to prospective new residents and families
- Meet with new prospective residents and families to disclose full financial details of the proposed admission and liaison with related parties on any enquiries.
- Ensure that all financial procedures are completed in strict accordance with established procedures and legislative requirements upon admission, during tenancy and discharge.
- Ensure that all resident billing and financial transactions are processed, updated and that all outstanding monies due are collected in a timely manner.
- Maintain full financial details of individual residents in accordance with procedures and ensure that the bond register and debtor trial balances are accurate and balance back to financial records.
- Reconcile all funding payments received to the monthly claim submitted each month.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter stating suitability and experience
- Statement addressing qualifications including leadership and technical capability requirements as outlined in the position description (do not address every dot point)
- Current resume detailing previous experience and the names and telephone numbers of two (2) relevant referees