Nurse Care Coordinator – Residential In Reach Program
Registered Nurse Grade 4A (0.4 EFT)
Applications are being sought for a 0.4 EFT experienced Registered Nurse to take up this position at Central Gippsland Health.
The priority of this position is to reduce the avoidable presentations of Residential Aged Care Facility residents to the Emergency Department. This shall occur through such strategies as:
- Providing facility based assessment, care planning and capability development support to the RACF team in clinically managing the Resident.
- Working with the acute hospital wards and the rehabilitation team, to identify current RACFs or community residents who are frequent ED attenders, and
- Develop/facilitate management plans as appropriate.
The Residential In Reach program intent is that interventions are short term and enable the facility team to take over the Residents care.
This is a perfect position for an experienced nurse who values quality of life for our older community members and who finds reward in developing productive relationships with colleagues to support the residents in remaining in their care home.
It is a perfect position for someone who relishes the challenge of working across settings and campuses and someone who loves to meet and exceed project performance measures.
There is opportunity to link with people working in similar roles across Victoria through networking meetings, and therefore contribute to the success of the Residential In Reach program.
Please address all of the Selection Criteria as stated in the position description in your application.
- Degree qualification in Registered Nursing
- Current Registration with the AHPRA
- Victorian driver's license
- Current clear Police Check
- Experience working with in the health care sector as a nurse – experience in aged care, emergency or acute settings is all applicable.
- Some knowledge of managing to performance indicators
Further information may be obtained from Paul Head, Director Residential Aged Care, telephone (03) 5143 8580 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
A copy of the position description and an application for employment form can be downloaded from the Central Gippsland Health Service web site at www.cghs.com.au
Applications must include:
- Cover letter outlining suitability for the role
- Statement addressing all Selection Criteria including qualifications, experience and leadership and technical capability requirements as outlined in the position description
- Current resume detailing previous experience and the names and telephone numbers of two (2) relevant referees