Community Operations and Victims Support Agency (COVSA) is part of the Victims Support, Innovation and Justice Operations division within the Department of Justice and Community Safety (DJCS). COVSA is responsible for the delivery and reform of services to victims of crime, placing victims at the centre of our justice system.
The COVSA Policy Unit will soon transition into a new unit with a broader remit - Justice Operations Strategy and Policy (JOSP). JOSP will be responsible for a range of victim focused reforms and policy areas including policy issues arising from the Victorian Government's participation in the National Redress Scheme for Institutional Child Sexual Abuse.
About the role
As the Senior Policy Officer, you will report into the Manager, Policy. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- analysing and proactively influencing policy development across government departments, agencies and entities to ensure victims' perspectives are effectively considered and reflected
- developing innovative, evidence-based victim-centric policy options in line with government priorities, including implementation of the Royal Commission into Family Violence and the Royal Commission into Institutional Response to Child Sexual Abuse recommendations and broader victims of crime policy
- providing expert advice to senior management and key stakeholders on victims' issues and perpetrator interventions
- leading and managing projects that implement Government reforms designed to support victims of crime.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- demonstrated high level analytical and policy skills
- demonstrated skills in the use of data to inform policy development
- demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to achieve objectives within tight timeframes
- understanding of victims' issues, in particular family violence, sexual assault, financial assistance for victims and indictable crime.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant area such as public policy, public administration, social sciences, criminology or law would be highly desirable.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.