Established under the Emergency Management Act 2013, the Inspector-General for Emergency Management (IGEM) provides assurance to government and the community in respect of emergency management arrangements in Victoria and fosters their continuous improvement.
Made up of people passionate about building safer and more resilient communities, IGEM is a small organisation that makes a big difference.
We provide assurance that emergency management arrangements are in place and effective, and foster the continuous improvement of emergency management in Victoria. We do this by monitoring the capacity, capability and performance of the emergency management sector and undertaking system-wide reviews. We engage with emergency management partners and the community to offer assurance to government and the community that lessons from emergencies will be turned into sustainable improvements that make a lasting difference.
IGEM offers our people the advantages of a small, supportive and collaborative workplace alongside the resources, systems and development opportunities that come with being part of the Department of Justice and Regulation.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Assurance Frameworks, the Assurance Analyst participates in developing and implementing monitoring and assurance processes to support continuous, effective and sustainable improvement in Victoria's emergency management sector. In particular, you will:
- Support the monitoring of the emergency management sector and specific agency performance against developed frameworks and service delivery expectations and analyse their effectiveness
- Support the coordination of implementing and maintaining the Monitoring and Assurance Framework for Emergency Management
- Undertake complex quantitative and qualitative data extraction, collation and analysis to support assessment of emergency management sector performance.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience in conducting performance monitoring, evaluation and review activities
- Strong research, analysis and investigative skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the emergency management sector will be highly regarded.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant field is desirable.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: When submitting your application online, there will be questions pertaining to a number of the position's Key Selection Criteria to which you are required to respond.