Fire Support Officer
Our Fire Support Officers assist the district staff with daily preparedness in the fire district, providing administrative support and assisting in the coordination of fire preparedness, prevention and response activities.
Although the role is primarily office based, the incumbent may also be expected to participate as part of our on-ground firefighting crews.
These positions would suit people who have a high level of fitness, are sound decision makers, community minded and looking for a unique challenge.
To be successful in gaining a position, you will be required to meet the following mandatory specific requirements:
- Hold a current manual drivers licence.
- Be 18 years or older as of 1 October 2023
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work visa for the employment period.
- Meet the "Category H - Office" medical and fitness requirements (as a minimum). This requires meeting the DEECA firefighter medical assessment every two years (or as specified by the assessing doctor). This requirement also includes notification of any changes in your medical condition prior or after your medical assessment.
- Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a Declaration and Consent form and a National Police Check.
For further information about these positions, please refer to the below position description.
Applications for the 2023-2024 season have now closed.